Selling the benefits of a bond measure is never easy. The last thing any of us want to do is pay a higher property tax bill. However, in this particular case, I would ask you to strongly consider a very worthwhile investment, not only in our San Carlos Schools, but in your property as well.
Each year, the San Carlos School District finds ways to to more with less. It is a constant reshuffling by folks who are doing their very best to make our schools the very best that they can be each and every year. However, in some instances, there is nowhere else to go except to ask for some assistance from the San Carlos community.
Measure H will appear on your March 5th ballot and it is worthy of your support. In short, approving Measure H will approve a bond measure worth $176M that will go toward much needed facility improvements that are long over due, such as:
- PROVIDING secure, healthy, and safe learning spaces for all students.
- REPAIRING or rehabilitating classrooms, restrooms, and roofs.
- IMPROVING fire safety, school security systems and accessibility for students with disabilities.
- UPGRADING infrastructure such as heating, cooling, plumbing, electrical systems, and gas lines.
- UPDATING science, technology, engineering, arts, and math classrooms.
- PROVIDING facilities needed for Transitional Kindergarten to all four-year-olds by 2025 – required by new state mandates.
San Carlos students are worthy of this investment in their schools. If that is not enough to convince you, perhaps view the approval of Measure H as one of the strongest investments you could ever make in your property value. I can confidently tell you that, by far, the number one reason buyers choose San Carlos is the schools. Our San Carlos schools are the sole reason your property is worth 10-15% more in value.
Approval of Measure H will support our schools, students, faculty and property values. For more information on Measure H, please click here.