Vacancy on the Planning Commission – 1 Seat
The Planning Commission now has one (1) vacant seat due to the expired term of one commissioner.
If you are a resident of the City of San Carlos and interested in serving on the City’s Planning Commission, applications are being accepted at this time.
Meeting Schedule and Role
The Planning Commission meets the first and third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. Planning Commission duties may include:
- Making recommendations on the City’s General Plan for future development
- Make reports of its findings and recommendations to the City Council
- Review and act on proposals for development applications in San Carlos
- Initiate Zoning Code (Title 18) reviews of the San Carlos Municipal Code
- Review and act upon applications including Zoning Changes, Variances and Conditional Use Permits
Applying for the Commission Opening
Please call the City Clerk at (650) 802-4219 for an application, pick one at the City Clerk’s office, City Hall, 600 Elm Street, Second Floor, San Carlos, Second Floor, or download and complete the application forms below:
- Application Form – Planning Commission (Adobe Acrobat Format, 15 Kb)
- Supplemental Questionnaire – Planning Commission
- Guidelines for Community Service – Planning Commission
Deadline for receipt of applications in the City Clerk’s Office is Friday, February 18, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. Interviews have tentatively been scheduled with the City Council for Monday, February 28, 2011.
Leave a Reply